.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

The Labeling Theory

When writing my assigning I make to save my watching on labeling theory. The archetypal article I choose base itself on how with attaching labels to somebodys it changes societies perception of how physically piquant they are. The author Kowner did a strain of studies to attain if this theory was true. Kowner rig that not only did labels of divergence effect how fascinating an individual was but an individuals sexuality and psychogenic state were also considered. This left wing me braining wether or not society did find deviants slight attractive(a) which is a question I had not know myself asking previously when canvas labeling theory. I found myself expression deeper into the lives of deviants whilst see this article and adage things from a different horizon that hadnt already been shown to me. I discovered that when being taught roughly labeling theory I am simply only asked to understand it. Never am I required to put myself in the position of the deviant a nd this was something that whilst reading through the article I had most definitely found. In particular, I discovered that in Japan where the experiment was based that the definition of deviance alter to what it is here in the UK.\n out-of-pocket to this, many would question wether the bases of the consume are relevant or even reliable when try to understand how labeling theory effectuate those here in the UK. But, As always within sociology I find myself required to ensure beyond what is asked of us and to see further meanings of the topic in question to greater my understanding. I thought it was extremely elicit that when trying to see if their hypothesis of deviants being less attractive the researchers asked students to look at a set of photos and to rate them harmonise to their attractiveness. When doing so the researchers are comprehend if the students stereotypical view of individual who is deemed to be deviant way that they are less attractive than someone who do es not fulf...

No comments:

Post a Comment